Fall in Woodland Park

I am so overdue in posting this (and a million other things…) because my family has been on vacation.  Last week I had a bit of inspiration from October Afternoon's Woodland Park up at Right at Home Scrapbooking  I love this line!  I feel like there is a real absence of deep blue in the patterned paper world and Woodland Park totally delivers with rich blues and teals.  And they hit a home run with this season's hot peacock feather motif!

Hello-Handsome
I want at least a dozen sheets of the scalloped taupe background paper I used here.  It is a super neutral.  I really wanted my large cluster to stand out so the more quiet background made sense. 

Hello-Handsome-detail1
My cluster starts with a bed of stickers (oval and pennant) and some additional pennants cut from paper.  I topped those with two accordion circles, some buttons, the flower stickers, and the peacock feathers tucked into the top.  I popped up the wings of a couple of butterflies too. 

Hello-Handsome-detail2
October Afternoon always makes really bold and intricate patterned paper so I kept my additions pretty simple.  I zig-zag stitched a bit on my paper strips and around the edge, stuck to an unfussy title area, and added a few coordinating adhesive pearls. 

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

PaperVine said...

Stunning as always - and I REALLY want a photography lesson too!
That scallop background paper is gorgeous and the whole LO is just perfect!

LyndaKay said...

Gorgeous combo of papers. Love the design. Love love the fishscale patterned paper.