Summer Fresh

Happy 4th, everyone!  While my post today is not Independence Day themed it does have plenty of red, white, and blue goodness!  Right at Home Scrapbooking sent me Authentique's Fresh collection and this inexpensive frame to create some summer home decor:

Shine-Frame
I covered the edges of the frame in 1/2" strips of paper and added painted wood buttons to the corners to hide the seams.

Shine-Frame-detail3
If you completely remove the cardboard mats and the glass from the frame it gives you enough room to add layers and dimension like I did.  I actually used some of the cardboard to back the photo mat instead of using foam tape or pop dots.  It saves time and supplies!

I love all the small stickers included on the Fresh collection sticker sheet.  They really make it easy to layer and add detail.  I chose to put my title up the side of my photo and accordion folded a half circle for under one of the slightly larger stickers.  I used a bit of twine on there too, under the cute popped up tickets.

Shine-Frame-detail1
And I got a little fancy with the red burlap trim!  This is called a Carrick Bend... and don't ask me to tie another one.  :-P 

Shine-Frame-detail2

Have a fun and safe holiday!

1 comment: