Feeling Punchy

Last week was The Perfect Punch week on the Pink Paislee blog. I am kind of a “basics” sort of gal when it comes to punches.  I don’t have a lot of fancy shapes (I leave those for the die cut machines) but I do have a fair amount of border punches and simple circles and squares. 

The perfect punch can be perfect for more than one reason: perfect because you adore the shape, perfect because it just happens to be the right size, or perfect because you reach for it over and over despite it being ordinary.

Today my perfect punch is the last of these reasons.  It’s really just a plain square punch but if you look “outside of the box” you’ll see you can create a lot more with it.  Windows. Triangles. Diamonds.  Or… chevron!

You-Fill-my-Heart-With-Song

The green and teal chevron shapes on my page are made from punched squares.  I punched the squares and cut them diagonally into two triangles.

chevron-punch1
Then all you have to do is stagger the triangles to create the zig zag shape.  I stitched over mine to reinforce the design.

chevro-punch2

You-Fill-my-Heart-with-Song-detail2
This is a really simple way to use your square punches for something more than, well, squares! No measuring required.

You-Fill-my-Heart-With-Song-detail1
I used all sorts of Pink Paislee goodies on this page.  There are some Woodshop alphas and the darker teal letter stickers are some of the first ever… and still just as great today! I cut the layers of the raised heart from some Spring Jubilee packaging.

You-Fill-my-Heart-With-Song-detail3
And I reinforced my “song” title with a little bird and the music note chipboard from Spring Jubilee.  I love that I was able to take elements and colors from this line and make a boy page.

Check out the rest of The Perfect Punch week on the Pink Paislee blog for more fun ideas.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Awesome tips for punches! I love your layout. And your baby is gorgeous, congratulations!

Chrissy said...

Brilliant!